Butt Cut is razor-thin end-grain veneer cut from fine wood. Its fascinating appearance is created by joining together many small pieces of veneer. End-grain wood has a special rustic and original character.
It is obtained by cross-cutting the tree trunk rather than cutting it lengthwise. When the wood is cut this way, the annual rings form highly decorative circular patterns. Butt Cut offers many advantages over solid end-grain wood. The thinness of the veneer relieves the stress in the cross-cut wood while the fleece on the back lends additional stability. Butt Cut is easy to work with. When handled properly, the product shows no trace of glue bleed-through, warping or distortion.
The optional coating of melamine protects the wood from moisture. Many designs are possible with Butt Cut. We currently offer 16 variants in practical sheets.
Butt Cut at a glance:
- high-quality end-grain veneer
- 16 fascinating design variants
- easy to work with
- backed with fleece that we manufacture ourselves
- surface can be coated with melamine and sanded (options)
- small quantities available immediately, larger quantities upon request
- standard dimensions: 2,600 mm x 1,250 mm
Your contact person
Log and veneer purchase,
Telephone +49 721 96245-55